If your lawn is looking thin, bare, or has balding spots, our aeration and overseeding techniques can bring life back to your lawn!
Why You Should Aerate Your Lawn
You may not realize it, but your lawn takes a beating throughout the seasons. Normal day-to-day activities like walking, playing, mowing, contribute to compacting soil, making it difficult for vital moisture and nourishment to reach the roots. Core aeration opens the soil by removing plugs while the turf is actively growing. Aeration is also essential in breaking up the thatch layer that develops to help improve the overall health and development of your turf! Here are common signs of lawn stress:
- Bald, worn, or patchy spots
- Thatch build-up
- Standing water after rain or watering
- Hard soil
- Poor turf performance
Let Us Help Promote a Healthy Lawn
With annual aeration, your lawn has a better opportunity to perform well. The first step to getting the best results as possible is understanding what type of grass you have and whether you need aeration in the spring or fall. Southeast lawns consist of two groups — cool season grasses and warm season grasses. Here’s how it works:
- Cool season aeration: Cool season grasses like Fescue benefit from fall aeration.
- Warm season aeration: Warm season grasses like Zoysia benefit from late spring aeration to help break up compacted soil and allow water and nutrients to get to the roots.
Why You Should Overseed Your Lawn
Cool season grasses, like Fescue, take a beating during the dry, hot summer months! To help revitalize your lawn, it is necessary to aerate and overseed your lawn. If you have irrigation, this activity can start mid-August. With our professional overseeding services, we will fill in bald patches in your yard to help your landscape look thick and vibrant. Our specialized overseeding promotes new growth in your yard, giving you the full, green lawn you’ve always wanted.
Experience the Davenport Difference
It’s the little things that matter most to us. When you partner with Davenport Environmental for your aeration and overseeding needs, we offer you more than just a pretty lawn. We are proud to provide:
- Quality Service: Our technicians remain current on the industry and use only the most advanced products and application methods in the business to give you the best possible outcome.
- No Contracts: We’re so confident you’ll love the results of your service that we don’t require you to sign a contract. We believe in letting our work speak for itself!
- Open Communication: Have a question? Just ask! We like keeping you in the loop and will be in touch before, during, and after your service.