If your lawn is looking thin, bare, or has balding spots, our aeration and overseeding techniques can bring life back to your lawn!
Why You Should Aerate Your Lawn
You may not realize it, but your lawn takes a beating throughout the seasons. Normal day-to-day activities like walking, playing, and mowing contribute to compacting your soil which makes it difficult for vital moisture and nourishment to reach the roots. By removing plugs, core aeration breaks the thatch layer and opens the soil while the turf is actively growing. Therefore, aeration is essential to improve the overall health and development of your turf! Here are common signs of lawn stress:
- Bald, worn, or patchy spots
- Thatch build-up
- Standing water after rain or watering
- Hard soil
- Poor turf performance
Let Us Help Promote a Healthy Lawn
With annual core aeration, your lawn has a better opportunity to perform well. The first step to getting the best results possible is understanding what type of grass you have and whether you need aeration in the spring or fall. Southeast lawns consist of two groups — cool season grasses and warm season grasses. Here’s how it works:
- Cool season aeration: Cool season grasses like Fescue benefit from fall aeration.
- Warm season aeration: Warm season grasses like Zoysia benefit from late spring aeration to help break up compacted soil and allow water and nutrients to get to the roots.
Why You Should Overseed Your Lawn
Cool season grasses, like Fescue, take a beating during the dry, hot summer months! To help revitalize your lawn, it is necessary to aerate and overseed your lawn. If you have irrigation, this activity can start mid-August. With our professional overseeding services, we will fill in bald patches in your yard to help your landscape look thick and vibrant. Our specialized overseeding promotes new growth in your yard, giving you the full, green lawn you’ve always wanted.
We are so excited to announce that we are now offering a program that promises to be a useful water management tool in the form of our “Liquid Aeration” program. This 5 application program provides a sustainable, low impact supplement to traditional core aeration and topdressing.
Beginning in May and ending in September, our Liquid Aeration program offers these benefits for a stress free lawn:
- Improved irrigation efficiency and soil texture that helps mitigate runoff and poor drainage
- Strengthened water holding capacity while improving nutrient availability and uptake by plants
- Enhanced soil biology with the addition of Humic and Fulvic acids
- Increased stress resistance with PGR (Plant Growth Regulator) Technology to enhance root development and nutrient uptake
Experience the Davenport Difference
It’s the little things that matter most to us. When you partner with Davenport Environmental for your aeration and overseeding needs, we offer you more than just a pretty lawn. We are proud to provide:
- Quality Service: Our technicians remain current on the industry and use only the most advanced products and application methods in the business to give you the best possible outcome.
- No Contracts: We’re so confident you’ll love the results of your service that we don’t require you to sign a contract. We believe in letting our work speak for itself!
- Open Communication: Have a question? Just ask! We like keeping you in the loop and will be in touch before, during, and after your service.